ESSAY QUESTIONS for Nurse Practitioner
Please answer the following underlined 3 essay questions
- How will you contribute to the mission of the National Health Service Corps in providing care to underserved communities?
- What experiences have you had or activities have you participated in that have prepared you to work with underserved populations?
- Please discuss your commitment to pursue a career in primary health care.
Essays should be 1 page each in Times New Roman 12 font.
They are looking for 3 things below in the essay questions
(1) Academic performance. Demonstrates the ability to excel and maintain good academic standing while in school.
(2) Commitment to a Career in Primary Care & Working in Underserved Communities. Demonstrates a strong commitment to the field of primary care; interest/motivation to provide care to underserved communities; and relevant work experience and/or activities (i.e., community service, research, and internships) that have prepared the applicant to work with underserved populations.
(3) This factor is reviewed through the following: a. Essay Questions. An applicant’s responses to the essay questions aid in the review process and help gauge an applicant’s interest in primary care and commitment to working in underserved communities.